The City of Hilliard operates two outdoor swimming facilities seasonally. A pool membership is valid at either pool. The Hilliard Family Aquatic Center has undergone major construction since 2008 and new water features have been added including: two 30-foot water slides, a 25-yard competition pool, and interactive leisure pool which includes a play structure and a 450-gallon dumping bucket, a 560' lazy river with water attractions, and the nationally recognized main pool (originally built in 1974) which has undergone a transformation of its own! All of these additions and upgrades make HFAC one of the largest outdoor Municipal Complexes in the State of Ohio! The Hilliard East pool (renovated in 1990) includes a 10' water slide and a separate wading pool.
Hilliard Family Aquatic Center
3850 Veterans Memorial Drive, Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Facility Hours: Monday-Saturday: 12:00-9:00 p.m. (12:00-8:00 p.m. beginning August 5), Sunday: 12:00-7:00 p.m. The competition pool closes daily at 6:00 p.m.
Hilliard East Municipal Pool
4450 Schirtzinger Road, Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Facility Hours: Sunday-Friday: 12:00-7:00 p.m., Saturday: 12:00-9:00 p.m.
Pool Season 2013:
Both pools are open May 18 & 19 (Saturday & Sunday) and May 25, 26, 27 (Saturday, Sunday & Monday). Both pools open for the season on Friday, June 1 at 3:00 p.m. (the last day of school for HCSD).
With most colleges being on a semester schedule in the fall of 2013, lifeguard staff availability is reduced significantly beginning August 20 (the first day of school for HCSD).
The East pools last day of operation is scheduled for Monday, August 19 and all remaining staff is scheduled at HFAC through Labor Day. Our number one priority is safety and having the required number of lifeguards necessary for us to operate is critical. Hours listed above are for the main pools only at both locations. HFAC closes for the season on Labor Day – Monday, September 2, 2013.
AUGUST POOL HOURS:
As we approach the end of our summer pool season, we would like to inform you of some upcoming adjustments to our normal operational schedule:
- The Hilliard Family Aquatic Center begins closing at 8:00 p.m. on Monday, August 5 (Monday-Saturday).
- August 19 is the last day for the Hilliard East Pool. Please join us for the dog swim on Friday, August 23.
- With colleges now into a semester style schedule, our staffing is significantly reduced beginning August 20 (when our lifeguards who are high school students start school). All available lifeguards will be scheduled at the Aquatic Center (beginning August 20) through Labor Day but this does present some adjustments to the regularly scheduled hours and pools that we can open:
- The Hilliard Family Aquatic Center is open 4:00-8:00 p.m. on weekdays beginning August 20 (the first day that HCSD is back in session), 12:00-8:00 p.m. on Saturdays, and 12:00-7:00 p.m. on Sundays (weather permitting) through Labor Day. On Labor Day (September 2), our hours are 12:00-8:00 p.m. (weather permitting) at HFAC.
- You can expect the main pool and interactive pool (dumping bucket pool) to be open during week days. On Saturdays and Sundays, we will make every attempt to open the main pool, interactive pool and slide pool or lazy river but there are no guarantees.This may vary by the day and we will open the pools that we can, providing that we have the appropriate number of lifeguards.
Obviously, the change that was implemented in 2012 in college schedules for major universities affects our summer staff availability and has an impact on all pools in central Ohio. We were fortunate to have this information early and were able to provide an additional weekend at the beginning of the season since we knew we were going to lose some time on the back end of the summer. Our number one priority is safety and having the required number of lifeguards to operate in a safe and proactive manner.
We thought it might be helpful to publish this information in advance so you know what to expect and have tried to make this information available to you as early as possible. It was published in the pool information packet, online at www.hilliardohio.gov, in all of our newspaper advertising, through email blasts, and on our Facebook page. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that you have enjoyed your summer with the Hilliard Recreation and Parks Department!
City of Hilliard, Deputy Director of Recreation and Parks
Click HERE for the 2013 Pool Information Packet!