Rumpke is the waste removal, recycling and yard waste service provider for Hilliard residents.
Regular Collection Schedule
Your waste, recycling and yard waste will be collected on the same day as it has been in the past.
Holiday Collection Schedule
Rumpke service will not occur on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
If the holiday falls on or before your collection day, your pick-up will be delayed one day during that week. Regular collection resumes the week after the holiday.** NOTE: For Thanksgiving, only Thursday’s collection will be delayed.
Hilliard Recycles - Go Green Today!
Going green is easy in Hilliard. Rumpke provides each residence with an 18-gallon recycling bin. Contact the City of Hilliard to obtain an additional recycling bin. If you have more recycling than will fit in your bins, contact Rumpke or the Hilliard Service Department to obtain “Recycling” stickers to attach to your additional containers.
What is acceptable for recycling?
• Paper Products: newspaper including inserts, junk mail, magazines, cardboard boxes (flattened to 3’ x 3’), computer paper, brown paper bags, phone books, catalogs, folders and paperboard (i.e. cereal, food and beverage boxes).
• All Plastic Bottles: milk jugs and soda, water, sport drink, laundry detergent, shampoo and contact solution bottles. Please empty bottles and remove caps.
• Glass Bottles and Jars: from food or drinks.
• Aluminum Cans: beverage and food cans.
• Steel Cans: food, soup and aerosol cans (tips removed).
What is NOT acceptable for recycling?
Plastic bags, tissues/napkins, food trays, butter tubs, buckets, window or drinking glass, pots, pans, plates, cups, utensils, light bulbs, clothing, wood and toys.
• Save Energy: If every Hilliard household recycled just one aluminum can each day for a year, that would save the energy equivalent of more than 150,000 gallons of gas.
• Conserve Natural Resources: Recycling one ton of paper saves about 17 trees.
• Preserve Landfill Space: Did you know that more than half of the trash entering Ohio landfills could have been recycled?
• Create Jobs: Rumpke employs nearly 300 people in Central Ohio and more than 2,000 companywide thanks to the efforts of families like yours. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources estimates that almost 100,000 jobs in Ohio are dependent on the recycling industry.
Preparing for Pick-up:
Collection throughout Hilliard occurs on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Rumpke encourages you to place your materials at the curb or designated location for collection the evening before your scheduled pick-up day (all items must be placed out for collection before 7:00 a.m. on your collection day).
*Recycling bins located in City Hall were provided by the Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio. Please visit SWACO's website at www.swaco.org.